HOW TO PROTECT YOUR VOICE?
A few simple, common sense tips will help you protect your voice. But, these tips, if needed, are not enough. First of all, being able to protect your voice let us know her. Voice prevention begins with the gradual exploration of it. Go to meet this intimate aspect of oneself that one often ignored so as not to have to confront it, is the basis of any preventive approach.
This exploration involves surrendering to a mind curious, playful, free from any preconceptions about what is the sound manifestation of self. No therapist, no teacher will be able to walk fruitful way by your side without this active attitude of your part.
BASIC PRINCIPLES OF VOICE PREVENTION 1)
Healthy lifestyle:– A varied diet but not too spicy (via the esophagus including the upper extremity is just behind the larynx, gastric acidity may go up to the larynx and “nibble” the posterior part of the strings vocal)
Good hydration: prefer water, herbal teas to alcohol (irritant of vocal cords) and sodas or carbonated drinks that promote acidity gastric. – Sleep and calm contribute to good voice health. A body tired and stressed will produce a tight voice without responding and without tone. Preventing the voice is first of all learning to spot and identify the signs of vocal fatigue to know and respect your limits.
– Tobacco should be avoided as much as possible for any health care professional. voice (worsening of the voice in sight and at worst cancer O.R.L). – Note that chronic low back pain (postural disorders) symptoms prolonged physical and / or mental tension, are often sources of vocal difficulties …
2) Medical personnel: – ENT is the specialist in nose, throat and ears. He examines the “state of the ground” and can perform hearing tests (audiometric examination) – The phoniatrist is the doctor specializing in voice disorders, articulation, language and speech. These two specialists examine, diagnose and treat by prescription medication, speech therapy and / or surgery. Examinations are not painful but can be expensive when it comes to liberal practitioners practicing fee overruns.
– The speech therapist is a para-medical therapist working only on the prescription of the previous two. The speech therapist educates and re-educates. His care
The endocrinologist performs hormonal assessments (thyroid, para-thyroid) Undergo a systematic consultation of the patient approximately every 18 months screening for vocal pathologies with a phoniatrist is strongly recommended to all teachers.
3) The work of the tool: When it comes to voice, nature does not give everyone the same opportunities. If some will never have difficulties, others on the other hand will have to train for develop their resistance, efficiency and performance. – The practice of singing can help teachers whose voice is insufficient. – The vocal capital is maintained: Correctly conducted reading exercises, vocalizations, postural and respiratory work helps prepare your voice. Good voice teacher, a speech therapist specializing in phoniatry can help you to guide. – The use of Alexander or Feldenkrais bodywork methods helps considerably in postural work
– The practice of relaxation also allows to put the body in the provisions necessary for the proper functioning of the voice and is often sufficient for it- only to improve the quality of the voice.
4) The work of speech and the vocal economy: Finally, for everyone and for the teacher in particular, protecting your voice means first save it. Work on your pedagogy, favor experimental methods and inductive help to talk less. This brings us back to questioning how we position ourselves in relation to acquisition and what place is left for the student in learning.